SCV Senior Center Plan for Response to COVID-19
The SCV Senior Center is moving forward with the following actions to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for our older adults but, also provide supports to seniors in need and continue ensuring fresh meals for hundreds of individuals every day.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020
Lunch Meals at Bella Vida
- The SCV Senior Center will now provide fresh boxed lunches at our Bella Vida Drive Thru service for Seniors to pick up their meals Monday-Friday open 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Pick up and go. Located in the Bella Vida Parking lot for all individuals who have filled out a Universal Intake Form. Assistance to sign up for the Drive Thru is available on-site.
- For those whose only mode of transportation is the City Bus or Dial A Ride/Access – They will be offered an option for home delivered meals on a temporary basis. Please call the center for additional information.
- Seniors in need of meals can be set up for home delivered meals. Call us at (661) 259-9444 to be enrolled.
Santa Clarita Valley – Home Delivered Meals
- All home delivered meals will continue as is – there will be some minor adjustments to protocol.
- All Support Services will continue with our Care Managers including Individual Supports, Family Supports and Support Groups via conference call – all services at Bella Vida.
Programs Currently Suspended
- The Adult Day Program
- Additional in-home respite services will be made available to families.
- The Handyworker Program
- Transportation Services
- All activities and classes
- AARP Tax Service
- Trips and Tours
- Volunteer activities will be limited
SCV Senior Center
- The Center will remain open for those that need assistance through our Supported Services or need to sign up for meal services.
- Receptionist and phone service remain fully operational.
We remain flexible to the needs of the older adult community, but also want to protect and assist where we can.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. We will re-assess all areas as we get closer to May 1st and will follow state, county and city protocol at that time.
Kevin MacDonald, CEO
SCV Senior Center
661-259-9444 ext. 123