Important Coronavirus Update
SCV Senior Center Plan for Response to COVID-19
Effective Immediately – Updated April 10, 2020
The SCV Senior Center implemented the following actions to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for our older adults but, also provide supports to seniors in need and continue ensuring fresh meals for hundreds of individuals every day.
Lunch Meals at Bella Vida
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020
- The SCV Senior Center is providing fresh boxed lunches at our Bella Vida Drive Thru service for Seniors to pick up their meals Monday-Friday, open 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Pick up and go. Located in the Bella Vida Parking lot for all individuals who have filled out a Universal Intake Form. For those 60 and over, a form can be filled out at the Drive Thru.
Santa Clarita Valley – Home Delivered Meals
- All home delivered meals will continue as is – there will be some minor adjustments to protocol.
- Individuals 60 years and older in need of a home delivered meal can call the Senior Center at 661-259-9444, M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. There are some criteria.
- All Support Services will continue with our Care Managers including Individual Supports, Family Supports and Support Groups via conference call.
- If a Senior needs special support – please call us.
SCV Senior Center
- The Center is closed until further notice, with only staff and volunteers to support the Supportive Services Department and Meal production and distribution.
- Phone service remains fully operational.
Activities and Classes
- All activities and classes are postponed until further notice
- Trips and Tours are postponed until further notice
- Volunteer activities will be limited
- Adult Day Program is suspended
- Handyworker Program is suspended
- Transportation Service is suspended
We remain flexible to the needs of the older adult community, but also want to protect and assist where we can.
- Financial Support
- Home Delivered Meal Drivers willing to commit to 6-12 months of service
- We also need masks
- Drive Thru Service: 300 Daily at Bella Vida
- Home Delivered Meals: 552 Daily – 9 new routes added
- Counseling and Phones calls to Seniors – daily by 6 Care Managers
We provide similar services and supports in the Antelope Valley.
We appreciate your patience, understanding and support,
Kevin MacDonald, CEO
SCV Senior Center
661-259-9444 ext. 123