Coronavirus – Our Response
Dear Senior Center Participants, Families, Friends and Staff;
We want you to know that the SCV Senior Center is closely watching developments and information about the Coronavirus – sometimes called COVID 19.
We are in contact with County and City officials and working together will keep you informed the best we can. We care about you and want you to enjoy all the meals and services that the SCV Senior Center has to offer – we are open and ready to serve.
The situation about the Coronavirus seems to change by the day and week, so we are taking it one day at a time and planning for every scenario. We will keep you informed by our website, Facebook and at our Coronavirus information center in the lobby of the Senior Center.
The common message from us and our partners is:
- Avoid/Stay away from sick people.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often.
- Keep hands away from eyes, nose and mouth.
- Use disinfectant wipes when you can.
- If you are sick – stay home.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
As you know the SCV Senior Center is a very clean place, but we have doubled our efforts to keep it clean during these uncertain times.
- One staff person is dedicated to only wiping down everything throughout the day.
- Additional disposable wipes throughout the center.
- Additional signs in restrooms to remind everyone to wash their hands.
- We have ordered a lot more wipes and disinfectants for the weeks to come.
- Established a team that meets as needed to prepare plans for all situations.
- Additional cleaning procedures for all buses and Meals on Wheels vehicles.
- Additional measures added each day.
These are challenging times in our world with this virus and we want to continue to keep you safe – please do your part by washing your hands and we’ll continue to do our part to keep cleaning.
We are here for you and will keep you informed if anything changes. Please take care of each other and enjoy the services and supports we offer to you. Our Care Managers are always available to talk to you if you need assistance.
I will be sending out a weekly memo or more if necessary.
Kevin MacDonald, CEO