Welcome to the SCV Senior Center Employment Opportunity application process.
We invite you to review our open positions and job requirements by clicking on the job title you are interested in. If our current openings do not include a position that are interested in at this time, you may download our application and submit the application for a position of interest. We will retain your application for review if a position were to become available.
Responsibilities: The Handyworker Program provides free minor home repairs to qualified households in the service area. The Handyworker position involves going out to these households to perform the approved repairs.
Qualifications: Must be experienced in:
Carpentry: Knowledge of building steps and platforms & installing pre-hung doors, changing door locks, and weather stripping doors.
Plumbing: Installing toilets, faucets, garbage disposals and repairing minor plumbing leaks.
Electrical: Changing electrical plugs & switches as well as installing light fixtures.
Painting: Using proper prep and painting techniques.
Drywall: Able to repair drywall and apply texture.
Must have a valid California Driver’s license and excellent customer service skills. Must have the ability complete daily documentation including, but not limited to, mileage sheets, job site logs, timekeeping logs, etc. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds consistently, occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds, and to spend long periods of time on feet.
Job Type: Full-time
Send your resume to HR@scv-seniorcenter.org
General Summary:This position contributes to the success of the SCV Senior Center by assisting the Director of Food Services in executing kitchen operations. This job deploys staff and volunteers and delegates tasks so that staff and volunteers can create and maintain the experience for our guests and volunteers. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with the SCV Senior Center Mission Statement. The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for assisting the cook in preparing all foods in compliance with the monthly menu as well as the knowledge to operate all of the equipment in the kitchen; communicating potential problems to the Director of Nutrition Services; providing the highest quality of service at all times; and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the Director of Food Services.
Summary of Key Responsibilities– Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following: Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of The SCV Senior Center. Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the kitchen operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team. Anticipates the needs of the kitchen by constantly evaluating environment for cues. Communicates information to the Director of Food Services so that the team is adequately equipped to deliver the highest level of service. Assists with new associate and volunteer training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to the Director of Food Services on associate and volunteer performance during shift. Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in morale and performance and communicating them to the Director of Food Services. Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to staff and volunteers on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve performance. Delivers exceptional customer service to all guests by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the guest. Discovers and responds to customer needs. Develops positive relationships with the food services team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns. Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Execute food production in the absence of the Cook
- Assist the Cook with set-up, service and clean-up of food production
- Assist the Cook in following recipes and/or product directions for preparing, marinading, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which will include a variety of menu items in compliance with prepared monthly menus to meet or exceed expectations.
- Assist the Cook in preparing high quality food items and possess ability to be creative while cooking
- Assist the Cook to, tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately assist the Cook in planning production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards and assist the Cook with safety and training procedures in handling of food service equipment
- Assists the Cook by ensuring compliance with state local and regulatory agencies as it relates to Food Service
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment; Measures and mixes ingredients, washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables.
- Stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product.
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment and ensures proper sanitation and storage of kitchen equipment
- Other general duties as assigned.
- High-school diploma or GED
- ServSafe® Certified
- Requires a minimum of 1 year Back of House Supervisory Experience and 3 years of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment.
- Requires food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
- Frequently works in hot environment
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work early morning as well as holidays
- Understanding of working with older population
- Excellent customer service skills
- California driver license, proof of auto insurance, reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time
Send your resume to HR@scv-seniorcenter.org